Friday, May 19, 2017
1:00 – 2:00 How to Start a Story
2:00 – 2:30 Books for sale, book signing, meet the author
2:30 – 3:30 An Author's Journey
3:30 – 4:00 Books for sale, book signing, meet the author
Argonne Library Meeting Room
4322 N. Argonne Road, Spokane
Get ready for an adventure in writing. Homeschool dad and best-selling author Bryan Davis has written many Christian fantasy/adventure novels for youth. He will speak on two topics:
1. How to Start a Story: Do you have an aspiring writer? Quite often new writers have super story ideas, but they don’t know how to start the story in an engaging way. Using examples from published novels, Bryan Davis will outline the elements of great story beginnings as well as how to guide a story from the starting point to the finish line.
Ideal for grades 6-12 but all ages are welcome.
2. An Author’s Journey: Many readers and writers have questions about how books come into being. What is an author’s life like? How does he get his ideas? How does a new author find a publisher? Bryan Davis will answer all of these questions and more, and he will include some amazing stories about his personal author’s journey.
Ideal for grades 4-12 but all ages are welcome.
Each session will leave time for questions and answers about the topics.
Bryan Davis is the author of the Dragons in Our Midst, Oracles of Fire, Children of the Bard, Reapers, Dragons of Starlight, Tales of Starlight, and Time Echoes series, contemporary/fantasy books for young adults and adults. The first book, Raising Dragons, was released in July of 2004, and several books in the series have hit various bestseller lists, including Eye of the Oracle, which hit number one on the CBA Young Adult best-seller list in January of 2007.
Bryan is also the author of several other works including The Image of a Father (AMG) and Spit and Polish for Husbands (AMG), and four books in the Arch Books series: The Story of Jesus’ Baptism and Temptation, The Day Jesus Died, The Story of the Empty Tomb, and Jacob’s Dream. Bryan lives in Western Tennessee with his wife, Susie, and their children. Bryan and Susie have homeschooled their four girls and three boys.
Bryan was born in 1958 and grew up in the eastern U.S. From the time he taught himself how to read before school age, through his seminary years and beyond, he has demonstrated a passion for the written word, reading and writing in many disciplines and genres, including theology, fiction, devotionals, poetry, and humor.
Bryan is a graduate of the University of Florida (B.S. in Industrial Engineering). In high school, he was valedictorian of his class and won various academic awards. He was also a member of the National Honor Society and voted Most Likely to Succeed.
He continues to expand his writing education by teaching at relevant writing conferences and conventions. Although he is now a full time writer, Bryan was a computer professional for over 20 years.
One session: $5 for students in grades 3-12 or $12 per family.
Two sessions: $8 for students in grades 3-12 or $20 per family.
Free for adults and kids in grades 2 and younger.
You may want to bring money to purchase books from Bryan after the presentation.
Tour limits: 200 people
Payment is required in advance via credit card, debit card, check, or cash. There is no "Pay at the Door." Your reservation is confirmed when payment is received. Payment is due one week before the event. If payment is not received by then, your reservation will be cancelled.
Cancellation Policy: You can have a full refund if you contact Exploring Families one week before the event. There is no refund if you cancel after that.
Book series by Bryan Davis. Parenthesis represent number of books in the series.
- Time Echoes Trilogy (4)
- Dragons in our Midst (8)
- Oracles of Fire (7)
- Children of the Bard (5)
- The Reapers Trilogy (4)
- Tales of Starlight (4)
- Dragons of Starlight (4)
- Standalone Books (6)
- Audio Book Collection – Dragons in our Midst
- Audio Book Collection – Oracles of Fire
- DioM #2 The Candlestone Audio Book
- DioM #3 Circles of Seven Audio Book
- DioM #4 Tears of a Dragon Audio Book
- Oracles #1 Eye of the Oracle Audio Book
- Oracles #2 Enoch’s Ghost Audio Book
- Oracles #3 Last of the Nephilim Audio Book
- Oracles #4 The Bones of Makaidos Audio Book
Downloadable books by Bryan Davis: