Saturday, April 26, 2014
11:15 am - 12:00 noon
12 noon - 12:45 pm
The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
127 East 12th Avenue, Spokane, WA 99202
The original dream of a great cathedral in Spokane came to The Right Reverend Edward Makin Cross in 1924, shortly after he arrived to be the new missionary bishop. Together with architect Harold C. Whitehouse, the Bishop began to plan for a gothic cathedral atop the hill. The Cathedral has classical Gothic architecture with a strong French influence. It is solid masonry; no structural wood or steel were used. The dedication of the first section of the church was on October 20, 1929.