Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Pine River Park on the Little Spokane River
525 E. Greenleaf Drive, Spokane.
5 miles north of Francis on Highway 395 to Wandermere Road, West on Dartford Road, North on Little Spokane Drive to Greenleaf Drive.
We will meet at the beach. From the parking lot, walk towards the bathroom building, then over the bridge to the beach.
Two Water Quality Experts from the Department of Ecology will be our activity leaders for this wonderful wet adventure. Check out Ecology Dept resources for educators and students here. Come get your ecology questions answered!
- What is the Dept of Ecology? What do they do? Why is the Dept of Ecology important?
- What types of jobs are within the Dept of Ecology?
- How can a young person begin to prepare himself/herself for a career in ecology?
- How can families be involved in our community in an ecologically beneficial way?
- How can kids learn about the various elements of their local ecology?
- Why is it important for kids to learn and care about Spokane's ecology and beyond?
- How do kids and adults positively and negatively impact our greater Spokane ecology?