Friday, October 25, 2013, 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Pilgrim Lutheran Church
2733 W Northwest Blvd, Spokane, WA 99205
Teens are thrilled with STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) when they get to live them out loud with their friends!
Come learn about Civil Air Patrol (United States Air Force Auxiliary) and its three primary mission areas: aerospace education, cadet (teen) programs, and emergency services. CAP is one of the premier groups of volunteers in the Emergency Services field, as well as giving young men and women guidance on Leadership, Responsibility, Aerospace Education, Service, Respect, Character Development and much more! This presentation will feature teen and adult members of the 21st Fairchild Composite Squadron CAP.
Most cadets (teens) join because in CAP we get to do things that no one else gets to do!
- We get to do things like orientation rides in Cessna 182 aircraft, glider flights at the squadron base, and transportation to events also may include more exotic aircraft like the C-17, our nations most capable transport aircraft, or KC-135 refueling aircraft showing us how they do their mid air refueling!
- Skyfest Air show at Fairchild AFB this past year included CAP cadets working with security. We even got to meet a few of the Thunderbird Team, including the first female Thunderbird pilot, who is a former Spaatz cadet. (The highest achievement in the CAP Cadet Program.)
- Nine months out of the year Camp ESTA located at the Ephrata, Washington Airport (near Moses Lake) provides Emergency Services Training Academy. Skills are learned that enable those who are qualified, to be called to go out and search for missing people, downed aircraft, or provide assistance in the case of natural disasters or incidents.
- We wear the Air Force uniform, which is provided to each cadet at enrollment. During the basic phase, we learn military customs, courtesy's, drill, and ceremonies. We practice everything learned during the basic phase throughout the rest of our CAP career.
- This last winter we had a number of cadets packing for a week long Basic Encampment at Camp Murray over at McChord-Fort Lewis, summer is the time for Cascade Falcon Encampment, Flight, and glider emcampments also take place at this time.
Ages: 12 - 18 years old
Event limit: 50 people