Friday, September 9, 2016.
9:30 am - 10:30 am, ideal for grades K-3 but all kids are welcome
11:00 am - 12:00 noon, ideal for grades 4-8 but all kids are welcome
Moran Prairie Library meeting room
6004 S Regal St, Spokane
Want to get your kids excited about reading and writing? Let author Kenn Nesbitt show your students the thrill of funny poetry. His educational stand-up comedy poetry programs will have your students howling with laughter and clamoring for more. Even the most reluctant readers and writers will be headed for the library and book store and wanting to compose new poems after spending time with Kenn Nesbitt. His performances are high-energy, engaging, and, most of all, fun.
Free for adults.
You may want to bring money to purchase books from Kenn after the presentation.
Tour limits: 200 people
Payment is required in advance via Paypal, credit card, debit card, check, or cash. There is no "Pay at the Door." Your reservation is confirmed when payment is received. Payment is due by September 6. If payment is not received by then, your reservation will be cancelled.
Cancellation Policy: You can have a full refund if you contact Exploring Families one week before the event. There is no refund if you cancel after that.
Books by Kenn Nesbitt (below). His poems have also appeared in magazines, school textbooks, and numerous anthologies of funny poetry, as well as on television, audio CDs and even restaurant placemats.
- Believe it or Not, My Brother Has a Monster (Scholastic, 2015)
- Bigfoot Is Missing! (with J. Patrick Lewis, Chronicle, 2015)
- The Biggest Burp Ever (Purple Room Publishing, 2014)
- Kiss, Kiss Good Night (Scholastic, 2013)
- The Armpit of Doom (Purple Room Publishing, 2012)
- I’m Growing a Truck in the Garden (Collins Educational, 2012)
- The Story of the Sun and the Moon (National Geographic Learning, 2012)
- The Ultimate Top Secret Guide to Taking Over the World (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, 2011)
- MORE BEARS! (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, 2010)
- The Tighty-Whitey Spider (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, 2010)
- My Hippo Has the Hiccups: And Other Poems I Totally Made Up (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, 2009)
- Revenge of the Lunch Ladies (Meadowbrook Press, 2007)
- Santa Got Stuck in the Chimney (with Linda Knaus, Meadowbrook Press, 2006)
- When the Teacher Isn’t Looking and Other Funny School Poems (Meadowbrook Press, 2005)
- The Aliens Have Landed at Our School! (Meadowbrook Press, 2001)
- Sailing Off to Sinagapore (Purple Room Publishing, 2001)
- I’ve Seen My Kitchen Sink (Purple Room Publishing, 1999)
- My Foot Fell Asleep (Purple Room Publishing, 1998)