Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Ramada Limited meeting room
9601 N Newport Hwy, Spokane
Learn to play outdoors this winter!
Introduction to the Winter Playground
Winter skills - Playing safe and staying warm in the backcountry
Presented by Stan Busby of Climbers With Christ
Who: Outdoor enthusiasts and “wanna-bees,” individuals & families, boy and girl scout types, young and older, and anyone wanting to just get outside and do something this winter!
Join us in north Spokane for an informal evening of learning and fun. In this clinic we will be presenting tips, skills, and ideas covering the basics of how to safely access and recreate in the local winter playgrounds and “side-country” environments. Because knowledge most retained comes from that obtained from questions you ask and questions that interest you personally, we’ll try and allot plenty of time for addressing those specific questions and interests that you bring.
Specific topics covered in this clinic will include:
- Regulating/monitoring the body’s heating system
- Layering combinations & fabric choices
- The “Ten Essentials” and safe choices in the outdoors
- Packing light for day and/or overnight trips
- Basic gear & equipment requirements
- Affordable winter recreation options
You'll learn where to go, what to do, what to wear, and what to take:
- Backcountry Skiing
- Ice Climbing
- Winter Camping
- Snow Caving
- X-Country Skiing
- Snow Play and Sledding
This clinic features a PowerPoint presentation and hands on equipment demonstrations. Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
“Just come. It’ll be fun and informative. Bring a family, a friend, or a group of friends with you!"
Sign up for other winter outdoor adventures that evening!
Ages: All ages
Clinic limits: 40 people
Cost: Stan and his volunteers do not charge a fee for any of their outdoor adventures (snowshoeing, rock climbing, etc.) or clinics but "gifts" are appreciated to help with their expenses and compensate them for their donated time. The Busbys drive 80 miles one way from Ione, WA, just for this activity. Please don't let money (or the lack thereof) keep you from coming.
- When you register, you can choose the "Donation Attendee" option. If you choose to make a donation to Climbers With Christ via the "Donation Attendee" option, the money will go straight to CWC's PayPal account. No donation amount will go to Exploring Families.
- You can give your donation directly to Stan Busby of Climbers With Christ.
- You can mail a check made payable to Stan Busby, Climbers With Christ, PO Box 154, Ione, WA 99139.
More info at www.climberswithchrist.com or contact Climbers With Christ via email
Climbers With Christ: Sharing the Good-News of a rock solid ANCHOR in Jesus Christ in the local high and low alpine
Below is a flyer about this event to distribute to anyone and everyone.