Friday, May 1, 2015, 3:00 pm - 4:15 pm
National Weather Service Office
2601 N. Rambo Rd
Spokane, WA 99224
Come learn about weather science, what our local weather service does, how these scientists do it, and why its important for all of us. At the end of the tour we will get to watch the meteorologists launch their weather balloon outside.
Note: The first hour of this tour is inside the Weather Service building. The last 15 minutes are outside to watch the meteorologists release a weather balloon. Dress accordingly.
Tour limits: 25 people
The Weather Service's website has many great resources to enhance your family's weather education, before or after the tour. Here are some things you will find there:
- The Weather Watcher Quarterly Newsletter
- EnviroKids' Club, An environmental club for grades K-6, who reside in Spokane County.
- CoCoRaHS. Learn more about measuring precipitation in your own backyard and Sign up Now
- Term Talk. Every wonder why the sky is blue or what is air pressure? Find out for yourself in these informative segments.
- Weather Glossary. A complete description of weather terminology.
- NOAA Resource for Educators
- NOAA Library
- NWS Playtime for Kids
- NWS Education/Outreach
- Owlie Skywarn Web page