Friday, June 1, 2018, 10 am - 12 noon
Palouse Discovery Science Center
950 NE Nelson Ct, Pullman, WA
The Palouse Discovery Science Center brings hands-on science and learning experiences to people of all ages! The PDSC has many exhibits! These exhibits are not limited to: an animal hall, innovation lab, mammoth dig, brain builders, puzzles, optical illusions, electromagnets, nanotechnology, and more!
Your adventure at PDSC includes a fun and engaging one hour Optical Illusions workshop. You will spend one hour on a self-guided exploration of the Science Center's exhibit space. We do not stay together as a group in the exhibition space so you are free to explore all that PDSC has to offer on your own.
Optical Illusions: Enjoy tricking your brain? Students will have the opportunity to learn more about the interaction between their eyes, brain, and light (optics) in this tricky lesson. How does light behave? How do we see? What are illusions? These are just a few questions answered in this lesson as students view demonstrations and participate in hands-on activities.
While in the Palouse area that day, you may also want to:
- See Dr. Universe's science presentation and ask WSU scientists your science questions (organized by Exploring Families)
- Attend the Palouse Clearwater Environmental Institute field trip (organized by Exploring Families)
- Visit Ferdinand’s Ice Cream Shoppe, Washington State University’s gourmet ice cream shop, features old-fashioned ice cream and soda fountain treats, exclusive ice cream flavors, gourmet coffee and espresso drinks and of course, award winning Cougar Cheese. Self-Guided Tour: The observation room is open to the public during business hours (9:30 am – 4:30 pm). While enjoying a snack from Ferdinand’s, relax in a comfortable chair to watch special videos that show the entire process of cheese and ice cream production at the WSU Creamery. (NOT organized by Exploring Families)
For the first hour (10 am - 11 am), grades 2-4 will explore the Science Center exhibits while grades 5-8 are in the activity workshop. During the second hour (11 am - 12 pm), the younger grades are in the activity workshop while the older grades explore the Science Center.
- Student in grades 2-8 in a workshop, $6
- Child not in a workshop, ages 2-15, $6
- Adult, $7
Payment is required in advance via PayPal, credit card, debit card, check, or cash. There is no "Pay at the Door." Your spots with our group are saved when payment is received. Payment is due two weeks before the event. If payment is not received by then, your reservation will be cancelled.
Cancellation Policy: You can have a full refund if you contact Exploring Families at least two weeks before the event. There is no refund if you cancel with less than one week before the event.