Friday, January 10, 2014, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
225 W. Indiana, Spokane
Paradise Fibers sells everything from uncombed, uncarded, and unwashed wool all the way to natural yarns (alpaca, corn, milk...yes, milk!, bamboo, merino, to name a very few) and dyes, and everything in between. They have areas in their store where they dye yarn, spin fiber, weave, knit and much more so everyone can learn how the process works. Whether you are "into" fiber arts or not, the science and technology of fibers arts is fantastic!
- We have a 26,000 square foot brick and mortar shop you can visit and shop in.
- We offer classes weekly to promote fiber arts and continue share fiber arts knowledge.
- We work with local farms to support domestic wool production.
- We make awesome tools! "Dad" here at the shop is constantly developing innovative products for the fiber arts community like our famous SUPER SWIFT.
- When you call us you can get specialized help with anything from knitting, weaving, spinning, dyeing, felting and more 7 days a week!
The Romine Family farm is just south of Spokane with all the furry animals. They raise a variety of sheep including: Icelandic, Jacob, Coop-worth/Columbia, and Shetland Sheep. Our flock is a "spinners flock" with a variety of fleece's, textures, colors and unique character. We also have a very polite "shepherd" Llama that protects the herd from predators and things that howl in the night. Everything you see in the "Fleece From My Flock" section is from our animals and raised on The Romine Family Farm. This fiber is few and far between but it will be increasing in the future as resources become available.
The Romine Family takes great pride in selecting the finest fibers available from the U.S. and around the world for you! Our mission is to work with high quality eco-friendly suppliers and farms and support and promote fiber arts. We use local farms whenever possible and are working to start more co-op farming projects here in the US in the coming year. If you have over 100 animals with soft desirable fleeces make sure to contact us, we love to support US farms.
Allergy Note: The store is filled with animal products so if you have animal allergies, this is not a tour you want to be on.
Ages: This tour is designed for kids 8 and older but all ages can attend.
Tour limits: 20 people