Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Spokane County Library - Argonne Branch
4322 N. Argonne Road
Spokane, WA 99212
Come tour a Spokane County Library! Start the school year off by discovering the assets, services, and resources of these libraries. Our local libraries aren't just for occasionally checking out a few books. They are gold mines of knowledge and information!
- The Spokane County Library covers 1,700 square miles with 10 full-service libraries serving more than 255,000 residents.
- SCLD holds a collection of approximately half a million items.
- The library system has 7 major types of materials for you to access including audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, CD-ROMs, digital downloads (audiobooks, eBooks and music)
- The library has on-site technology including computer stations and wi-fi.
- The library has a vast array of Events & Programs, from babies to teens to adults (and everyone in between).
- There are 14 types of online resources on the library website (such as Information databases, Place holds and renew materials, Reserve a computer station, Digital downloads, Live reference help 24/7, Reading lists, Online book clubs, Suggested websites).
- These libraries have excellent Educational Support, including Tools for Early Learning and Live Homework Help.
- You can use and reserve library meeting rooms for free.
Ages: All ages
Tour limits: none
How to Register: For an adult and her 3 kids, the adult would register herself under the "Adult Attendee Info" section. Then under "Additional Family Members" at the bottom of the form, she would select "3" in the drop down box.
Note: If you want to get a free library card while at this event, its wonderfully easy! The library's Getting A Card web page explains it all well.