Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 11:00 am - 12:00 noon
Washington State Patrol
Field Operations · District 4, Communications Center
6403 W Rowand Rd, Spokane, WA 99224
The Communications Division of the Washington State Patrol is the vital link between calls for assistance and emergency response by initiating courteous and timely action around the clock. The Washington State Patrol also focuses on crime prevention, criminal history, forensic services, investigative services and task forces, missing persons, most wanted criminals, as well as other criminal justice and public safety resources.
- Receive, relay, and dispatch emergency calls for service.
- Dispatch services provided to line troopers and other state agencies.
- Provide assistance to the public via telephone or in person.
- Answer emergency 9-1-1 calls.
- Utilize computer-aided dispatch (CAD).
- Work with other law enforcement agencies and communications centers.
Ages: The content of this activity is designed for students 10 and older.
Tour Limits: 18 people