Monday, October 20, 2014, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Spokane County Water Resource Center
1004 N. Freya St, Spokane, WA 99202
It can be a little tricky to find, so use these directions
Come learn about the wet and wild side of water science at the Spokane County Water Resource Center! You will be active while you learn about:
- Water in the Spokane Valley Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer
- Wastewater treatment at the Spokane County Regional Water Reclamation Facility (which is next to the Water Resource Center). Kids 8 and older get an outdoor tour (NEW!) while younger kids continue with activities at the Water Resource Center.
- Watersheds and natural water systems
What to bring: camera and weather appropriate clothes because part of the time you may be outside, weather permitting. For kids 8 and older on the outdoor Water Reclamation Facility tour, you must wear close-toed shoes and weather appropriate clothes.
The content of the "class" is designed for students in grades K-8. The Water Reclamation Facility tour is only available for students 8 years old and older and their parents.
All ages are welcome at the Water Resource Center, as long as they can obey the rules and not distract the presenters.
- If all your kids are 7 years old and younger, you will stay with your kids for activities at the Water Resource Center the entire time.
- If some of your kids are younger than 8 and some are 8 and older, you will stay with your younger kids for activities at the Water Resource Center while your older kids go on the Water Reclamation Facility tour with the older kids and parents. If you don't want your older kids to go on the Water Reclamation Facility tour, they are welcome to stay at the Water Resource Center for the additional activities.
- If your kids are 8 and older, you and your kids will go on the Water Reclamation Facility tour. If you don't want your kids to go on the Water Reclamation Facility tour, they are welcome to stay at the Water Resource Center for the additional activities.
Tour limits: 25 kids
Registration: When registering, you only need to register the number of kids you are bringing. Adults are not included in our head count.