Not yet an Exploring Families paid Member?
Here's what Guests receive for FREE.
- Your first fabulous field trip, powerful presentation, superb special event, or terrific tour organized and offered by Exploring Families is complimentary. (Try an Exploring Families activity before you become a Member!) We offer activities all year long, through our School Year and Summer Membership programs, and most of the activities are free.
- Your family can attend one Exploring Families activity without being an Exploring Families member. You cannot use this one time guest pass option if you are former Exploring Families member with an expired membership.
- As a guest (i.e., non-member), if you register for two or more Exploring Families activities you have options.
- If you want to hold off on purchasing membership until after you attend your first Exploring Families activity, you are welcome to do that. However, you can't have reservations for more than one activity as a guest.
- If you want to have reservations for two or more activities, you have to pay for an Exploring Families membership within 3 days of registering for the second activity.
- You receive all Exploring Families Event Invitation emails which contain all the details and registration links for current Exploring Families’ sponsored activities. By receiving these emails directly from us, you will be the first to know about our activities and have the first chance to reserve a spot for your family.
- You receive all our Community E-Newsletters. Click here to see a past Community E-Newsletter. The Community E-Newsletters list community wide public events and educational activities in the Inland Northwest that may be of interest to kids and families who like to explore. The Community E-Newsletter is published 2 – 3 times each month.
- If there is an activity fee (ex: museum entrance fee or a rock ranch fee), the attendees must pay the fee, whether they are an Exploring Families member or one time guest.
"You've made it so easy to just click to attend whatever field trip inspires us, without any further thought or planning...that's one less thing for me to do in my many roles...woo hoo! Ha ha. I particularly like how you've tried to find science/math geared opportunities." - Sherry, Medical Lake WA
The night hike at Turnbull Wildlife Refuge was really was fantastic!! My family learned so much and we all had a great time!! Thank you so much Kelly!! - Amanda, Spokane Valley, WA
"Thank you for offering such a great selection of field trips each month." - Parent of 4 kids, Spokane WA
"Your program is phenomenal! The opportunities you have made available have been excellent, educational and enjoyable. Thank you once again for providing endless hours of life experience and access to businesses that affect our children's daily lives." - Paula, Mead, WA
"You have been such blessing to our family" - Leah, Liberty Lake WA
"Went on your Huckleberry Hike last fall when we'd just moved to town. Can't wait to do more!" - Beth, Greenacres WA
Thank you for giving my sons an opportunity to be entrepreneurs at the Kid's Business Opportunity. It was very rewarding for them to sell their own work. Thank you for all your hard work organizing the sale. - Mom of teens, Spokane Valley, WA
"The connections and insight into our community that Kelly has is amazing! She knows everything ya' never heard of that is going on in the Inland Northwest! In any case, I have always encouraged all of my friends to peruse her information because it offers such valuable outings for families. I just wanted to encourage you to look her site over. I'm excited to be going to the Planetarium with Exploring Families this week. Her field trips often serve to expand what we are already learning in our classroom. They are very worthwhile!" - Mom of 3 kids, Spokane WA